Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Looking forward...

Just a quick post to say that I am really looking forward to getting feedback from our audiences on Thursday and Sunday at the workshop presentation. It will be very interesting to see how much audiences understand, how they react to the use of the mudras, perhaps to hear from the composer about our use of his music!

Even more so, I am looking forward to the presentation of the show in February. As some of you know, I had a difficult summer for various reasons, and for the first time in a long time I really started to consider leaving the city, questioning my skills as an actor, contemplating a future that was feeling extremely uncertain. As I sat in the room tonight, I felt a real sense of ensemble-- I am especially impressed by how generous the newest company members have been as we embark upon this adventure together. I thought at one point about taking myself out of the show, as I will miss some important family gatherings in February that conflict with our run at La MaMa. But I was just too excited about the possibilities for the show, the chance to reconnect with my almost-forgotten training as a dancer, the opportunity to present this story on a grand scale that a venue like the Annex presents. Thank you all for your brilliant heads and open hearts. There will (no doubt) be bumps along the way but I am looking forward to the journey and the road ahead.

--Erika

No comments: